Last updated on: May 25, 2021
THESE TERMS SET FORTH THE LEGALLY BINDING TERMS AND CONDITIONS THAT GOVERN YOUR USE OF THE SITE.YOUR USE OF THE SITE CONSTITUTES YOUR AGREEMENT TO FOLLOW THESE TERMS AND TO BE BOUND BY THEM, THUS PLEASE READ THEM CAREFULLY. IF YOU DO NOT ACCEPT THESE TERMS, THEN PLEASE DO NOT USE THE SITE.
WHO WE ARE
The Site is a copyrighted work belonging to Puppy Dogs & Ice Cream Publishing, Inc. Certain features of the Site may be subject to additional guidelines, terms, or rules, which will be posted on the Site in connection with such features. All such additional terms, guidelines, and rules are incorporated by reference into these Terms.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR US RESIDENTS
PLEASE REVIEW THE MUTUAL ARBITRATION AGREEMENT SET FORTH BELOW CAREFULLY, AS IT WILL REQUIRE YOU TO RESOLVE DISPUTES WITH US ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS THROUGH FINAL AND BINDING ARBITRATION AND WAIVING YOUR RIGHT TO A CLASS ACTION. BY ENTERING THIS AGREEMENT, YOU EXPRESSLY ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ AND UNDERSTAND ALL OF THE TERMS OF THIS MUTUAL ARBITRATION AGREEMENT AND HAVE TAKEN THE TIME TO CONSIDER THE CONSEQUENCES OF THIS IMPORTANT DECISION. THESE TERMS ALSO CONTAIN RELEASES, LIMITATIONS ON LIABILITY, AND PROVISIONS ON INDEMNITY, ALL OF WHICH MAY LIMIT YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS AND REMEDIES.
We reserve the right to change or modify these Terms at any time and at our sole discretion. If we make changes to these Terms, we will provide notice of such changes, such as by posting a notice on our Site and/or updating the “Last Updated” date above. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes or modifications will confirm your acceptance of such changes or modifications. If you do not agree to the amended Terms, you must stop using the Site.
YOU MUST BE AT LEAST AGE 13 TO USE THE SITE. By using the Site, you affirm that you are over age 13. If you are under age 13, you may not access or use the Site.
Adults can purchase products through the Site with a credit card or other permitted payment method. If you are under 18, you may use the Site only with involvement of a parent or guardian.
IF YOU ARE A PARENT OR GUARDIAN THAT PROVIDES CONSENT TO YOUR MINOR’S REGISTRATION WITH AND USE OF THE SITE, YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS IN RESPECT OF SUCH MINOR’S USE OF THE SITE.
We reserve the right to refuse service and/or purchases, terminate accounts, remove or edit content, or cancel orders in Our sole discretion.
We reserve the right to withdraw or amend this Site, and any service or material We provide on the Site, at Our sole discretion without notice. We will not be liable if for any reason all or any part of the Site is unavailable at any time or for any period. From time to time, We may restrict access to some parts of the Site, or the entire Site, to anyone. We also reserve the right to disable any account, username, password, or other identifier, whether chosen by you or provided by Us, at any time in Our sole discretion for any or no reason, including if, in Our opinion, you have violated any provision of these Terms.
We are based in the United States. Access to the Site may not be legal by certain persons or in certain countries, and Our products may only be available for purchase and delivery in certain countries. When you access the Site, you do so on your own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws.
The Site, including all of its information and contents such as photographs, images, text, data, wallpapers, icons, characters, artwork, graphics, page layout, form, music, sound, messages, software and the code used to generate the pages on the Site (collectively, the "Materials"), is the property of Company or that of Our authorized suppliers or licensors, and is protected by intellectual property and other applicable laws in the United States and/or abroad. Our intellectual property is registered in the United States and abroad. Except as otherwise provided on the Site or in these Terms, you may not download, upload, copy, print, display, reproduce, publish, license, post, distribute, or otherwise use any Materials from the Site in whole or in part for any public or commercial purpose without Our specific prior written permission. We are the owner and/or authorized user of the Puppy Dogs & Ice Cream brand as well as any other registered or unregistered trademarks, trade names, logos, designs, titles and product names appearing on the Site, and is the copyright owner or licensee of the Materials on the Site, unless otherwise indicated. You may not use any metatags or any other "hidden text" utilizing any of Our names or trademarks without Our express written consent.
You agree not to infringe any or all of the title, ownership and intellectual property rights of the Company or any third parties. You hereby agree to indemnify and hold Us harmless in the event of any claims of breach of intellectual property rights by or through your use of the Site and any content contained therein (or other material as set forth above). All rights not otherwise claimed under these Terms or by Us are hereby reserved.
- Account Creation. In order to use certain features of the Site, you must register for an account (“Account”) and provide certain information about yourself as prompted by the account registration form. You represent and warrant that: (a) all required registration information you submit is truthful and accurate; (b) you will maintain the accuracy of such information. You may delete your Account at any time, for any reason, by following the instructions on the Site.
- Account Responsibilities. If you create an Account, your username and password are for your personal use only and you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your Account login information (including your password), for restricting access to your Account, and you are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your Account. You agree to immediately notify Company of any unauthorized use, or suspected unauthorized use of your Account or any other breach of security. Company cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with the above requirements. You agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your Account or password. In addition to all other rights available, We reserve the right, in Our sole discretion, to terminate your Account, refuse service to you, or cancel orders.
Access to the Site
- License. Subject to these Terms, Company grants you a personal, non-transferable, non-exclusive, revocable, limited license to use and access the Site solely for your own personal, noncommercial use.
Certain Restrictions. You may use the Site only for lawful purposes and in accordance with these Terms. You agree not to:
- Use the Site in any way that violates any applicable federal, state, local or international law or regulation (including, without limitation, any laws regarding the export of data or software to and from the U.S. or other countries);
- Commercially sell, resell or distribute any of Our products purchased, obtained or ordered from the Site;
- Use the Site for the purpose of exploiting, harming or attempting to exploit or harm minors in any way by exposing them to inappropriate content, asking for personal information or otherwise;
- Use the Site to transmit, or procure the sending of, any advertising or promotional material without Our prior written consent, including any “junk mail”, “chain letter” or “spam” or any other similar solicitation;
- Impersonate or attempt to impersonate the Company, an employee or agent of Ours, another user or any other person or entity, including, without limitation, by using email addresses, telephone numbers, or screen names associated with any of the foregoing, or otherwise submitting false information;
- Engage in any other conduct that restricts or inhibits anyone’s use or enjoyment of the Site, or which, as determined by Us, may harm Us or visitors or users of the Site or expose them to liability;
- Post or share anything on the Site or on any of Our social media pages or channels that is illegal, abusive, harassing, harmful to reputation, pornographic, indecent, profane, obscene, hateful, racist, or otherwise objectionable;
- Use the Site in any manner that could disable, overburden, damage, or impair the Site or interfere with any other party’s use of the Site, including their ability to engage in real time activities through the Site;
- Use any robot, spider or other automatic device, process or means to access the Site for any purpose, including monitoring or copying any of the material on the Site;
- Use any manual process to monitor or copy any of the material on the Site or for any other unauthorized purpose without Our prior written consent;
- Use any device, software or routine that interferes with the proper working of the Site.
- Introduce any viruses, trojan horses, worms, logic bombs or other material, code or program which is malicious or technologically harmful;
- Attempt to gain unauthorized access to, interfere with, damage or disrupt any parts of the Site, the server on which the Site is stored, or any server, computer or database connected to the Site;
- Attack the Site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack;
- Attempt to gain unauthorized access to any personal information that may be contained on the Site, the server on which the Site is stored, or any server, computer, database or information system connected to the Site;
- Collect, store or use personal information about other users of the Site without their consent;
- Attempt to circumvent any technological measure implemented by Us or any of our providers or any other third party (including another user) to protect the Site;
- Attempt to decipher, decompile, disassemble, or reverse engineer any of the software or other underlying code used to provide the Site;
- Otherwise attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Site;
- Violate, infringe, or misappropriate any other person’s or Our intellectual property, privacy, publicity, or other legal rights;
- License, sell, rent, lease, transfer, assign, distribute, host, or otherwise commercially exploit the Site, whether in whole or in part, or any content displayed on the Site;
- Modify, make derivative works of, disassemble, reverse compile or reverse engineer any part of the Site;
- Access the Site in order to build a similar or competitive website, product, or service;
- Except as expressly allowed herein, copy, reproduce, distribute, republish, download, display, post or transmit any part of the Site in any form or by any means; or
- Advocate, encourage, or assist any third party in doing any of the foregoing.
- Modification. Company reserves the right, at any time, to modify, suspend, or discontinue the Site (in whole or in part) with or without notice to you. You agree that Company will not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension, or discontinuation of the Site or any part thereof.
- No Support or Maintenance. You acknowledge and agree that Company will have no obligation to provide you with any support or maintenance in connection with the Site.
- Ownership. You acknowledge that all the intellectual property rights, including copyrights, patents, trademarks, and trade secrets, in the Site and its content are owned by Company or Company’s licensors. Neither these Terms (nor your access to the Site) transfers to you or any third party any rights, title or interest in or to such intellectual property rights, except for the limited license granted herein. Company reserves all rights not granted in these Terms. There are no implied licenses granted under these Terms. All copyright and other proprietary notices on the Site (or on any content displayed on the Site) must be retained on all copies thereof.
- Outages. We periodically schedule system downtime for the Site for maintenance and other purposes. Unplanned system outages also may occur. You agree that We have no responsibility and are not liable for: (a) the unavailability of any part of the Site; (b) any loss of data, information or materials caused by such system outages; (c) the resultant delay, mis-delivery or non-delivery of data, information or materials caused by such system outages; or (d) any outages caused by any third parties, including without limitation any companies or servers hosting the Sites, any Internet service providers or otherwise.
- Indemnification. You agree to indemnify and hold Company (and its officers, employees, agents, authors, illustrators or licensors) harmless, including costs and attorneys’ fees, from any claim or demand made by any third party due to or arising out of (a) your use of the Site, (b) your violation of these Terms or (c) your violation of applicable laws or regulations. Company reserves the right, at your expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter for which you are required to indemnify us, and you agree to cooperate with our defense of these claims. You agree not to settle any matter without the prior written consent of Company. Company will use reasonable efforts to notify you of any such claim, action or proceeding upon becoming aware of it.
Third-Party Links & Ads; Other Users
- Other Users. Your interactions with other Site users are solely between you and such users. You agree that Company will not be responsible for any loss or damage incurred as the result of any such interactions. If there is a dispute between you and any Site user, we are under no obligation to become involved.
- Release. You hereby release and forever discharge the Company (and our officers, employees, agents, authors, illustrators, licensors, successors, and assigns) from, and hereby waive and relinquish, each and every past, present and future dispute, claim, controversy, demand, right, obligation, liability, action and cause of action of every kind and nature (including personal injuries, death, and property damage), that has arisen or arises directly or indirectly out of, or that relates directly or indirectly to, the Site (including any interactions with, or act or omission of, other Site users or any Third-Party Links & Ads). IF YOU ARE A CALIFORNIA RESIDENT, YOU HEREBY WAIVE CALIFORNIA CIVIL CODE SECTION 1542 IN CONNECTION WITH THE FOREGOING, WHICH STATES: “A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS OR HER FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH IF KNOWN BY HIM OR HER MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS OR HER SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR.”
- User Opt In: The Program allows users to receive SMS/MMS mobile messages by affirmatively opting into the Program, such as through online or application-based enrollment forms, or by opting in using their mobile device. Regardless of the opt-in method you utilized to join the Program, you agree that the Mobile Terms apply to your participation in the Program. By participating in the Program, you (i) agree to receive autodialed or prerecorded marketing mobile messages at the phone number associated with your opt-in, (ii) understand and acknowledge that consent is not required to make any purchase from Us, (iii) confirm that you are the subscriber to the relevant mobile phone number or that you are the customary user of that number on a family or business plan and that you are authorized to opt in, and (iv) consent to the use of an electronic record to document your opt-in. While you consent to receive messages sent using an autodialer, the foregoing shall not be interpreted to suggest or imply that any or all of Our mobile messages are sent using an automatic telephone dialing system (“ATDS” or “autodialer”). Message and data rates may apply. We shall bear no liability in the event you provide an incorrect phone number or provide Us with a phone number for which you are not authorized to opt-in to the Program.
- User Opt Out: If you do not wish to continue participating in the Program or no longer agree to the Mobile Terms, you agree to reply STOP, END, CANCEL, UNSUBSCRIBE, or QUIT to any mobile message from Us in order to opt out of the Program. You may receive an additional mobile message confirming your decision to opt out. You understand and agree that the foregoing options are the only reasonable methods of opting out. You also understand and agree that any other method of opting out, including, but not limited to, texting words other than those set forth above or verbally requesting one of our employees to remove you from our list, is not a reasonable means of opting out.
Duty to Notify and Indemnify: If at any time you intend to stop using the mobile telephone number that has been used to subscribe to the Program, including canceling your service plan or selling or transferring the phone number to another party, you agree that you will complete the User Opt Out process set forth above prior to ending your use of the mobile telephone number. You understand and agree that your agreement to do so is a material part of the Mobile Terms. You further agree that, if you discontinue the use of your mobile telephone number without notifying Us of such change, you agree that you will be responsible for all costs (including attorneys’ fees) and liabilities incurred by Us, or any party that assists in the delivery of the mobile messages, as a result of claims brought by individual(s) who are later assigned that mobile telephone number. This duty and agreement shall survive any cancellation or termination of your agreement to participate in the Program or your use of the Site.
- YOU AGREE THAT YOU SHALL INDEMNIFY, DEFEND, AND HOLD US HARMLESS FROM ANY CLAIM OR LIABILITY RESULTING FROM YOUR FAILURE TO NOTIFY US OF A CHANGE IN THE INFORMATION YOU HAVE PROVIDED, INCLUDING ANY CLAIM OR LIABILITY UNDER THE TELEPHONE CONSUMER PROTECTION ACT, 47 U.S.C. § 227, et seq., OR SIMILAR STATE AND FEDERAL LAWS, AND ANY REGULATIONS PROMULGATED THEREUNDER RESULTING FROM US ATTEMPTING TO CONTACT YOU AT THE MOBILE TELEPHONE NUMBER YOU PROVIDED.
- Program Description: Without limiting the scope of the Program, users that opt into the Program can expect to receive messages concerning the marketing and sale of Our, Our Affiliates’ or our Partners’ children’s books and related items.
- Cost and Frequency: Message and data rates may apply. The Program involves recurring mobile messages, and additional mobile messages may be sent periodically based on your interaction with Us.
- Support Instructions: For support regarding the Program, email us at email@example.com. Please note that the use of this email address is not an acceptable method of opting out of the program. Opt outs must be submitted in accordance with the procedures set forth above.
- MMS Disclosure: The Program will send SMS TMs (terminating messages) if your mobile device does not support MMS messaging.
- Our Disclaimer of Warranty: The Program is offered on an "as-is" basis and may not be available in all areas at all times and may not continue to work in the event of product, software, coverage or other changes made by your wireless carrier. We will not be liable for any delays or failures in the receipt of any mobile messages connected with this Program. Delivery of mobile messages is subject to effective transmission from your wireless service provider/network operator and is outside of Our control. Neither We nor any carrier or any mobile phone service providers shall be liable for delayed or undelivered mobile messages.
- Participant Requirements: You must have a wireless device of your own, capable of two-way messaging, be using a participating wireless carrier, and be a wireless service subscriber with text messaging service. Not all cellular phone providers carry the necessary service to participate. Check your phone capabilities for specific text messaging instructions.
- Age Restriction: You may not use of engage with the Program if you are under thirteen (13) years of age. If you use or engage with the Program and are between the ages of thirteen (13) and eighteen (18) years of age, you must have your parent’s or legal guardian’s permission to do so. By using or engaging with the Program, you acknowledge and agree that you are not under the age of thirteen (13) years, are between the ages of thirteen (13) and eighteen (18) and have your parent’s or legal guardian’s permission to use or engage with the Program, or are of adult age in your jurisdiction. By using or engaging with the Program, you also acknowledge and agree that you are permitted by your jurisdiction’s applicable law to use and/or engage with the Program.
Prohibited Content: You acknowledge and agree to not send any prohibited content through the use of or over the Program. Prohibited content includes:
- Any fraudulent, libelous, defamatory, scandalous, threatening, harassing, or stalking activity;
- Objectionable content, including profanity, obscenity, lasciviousness, violence, bigotry, hatred, and discrimination on the basis of race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, or age;
- Pirated computer programs, viruses, worms, Trojan horses, or other harmful code;
- Any product, service, or promotion that is unlawful where such product, service, or promotion thereof is received;
- Any content that implicates and/or references personal health information that is protected by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (“HIPAA”) or the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health Act (“HITEC” Act); and
- Any other content that is prohibited by any applicable law in the jurisdiction from which the message is sent.
- Program Dispute Resolution: In the event that there is a dispute, claim, or controversy between you and Us related to the Program, or between you and Stodge, LLC d/b/a Postscript or any other third-party service provider acting on Our behalf to transmit the mobile messages within the scope of the Program, it shall be resolved pursuant to the Dispute Resolution provisions of the Terms as set forth below.
- THE SITE IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS-IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, AND COMPANY (AND OUR SUPPLIERS) EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ALL WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, QUIET ENJOYMENT, ACCURACY, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT OR THOSE ARISING OUT OF A COURSE OF DEALING OR USAGE OF TRADE, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW. WE (AND OUR SUPPLIERS) MAKE NO WARRANTY THAT THE SITE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, WILL BE AVAILABLE ON AN UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE BASIS, OR WILL BE ACCURATE, RELIABLE, FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL CODE, COMPLETE, LEGAL, OR SAFE. IF APPLICABLE LAW REQUIRES ANY WARRANTIES WITH RESPECT TO THE SITE, ALL SUCH WARRANTIES ARE LIMITED IN DURATION TO NINETY (90) DAYS FROM THE DATE OF FIRST USE. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE, BY YOUR USE OF THIS SITE THAT YOUR USE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK, THAT YOU ASSUME FULL RESPONSIBILITY FOR ALL COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH ALL NECESSARY SERVICING OR REPAIRS OF ANY EQUIPMENT YOU USE IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE, ANAND THAT COMPANY AND ITS OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, DIRECTORS, SHAREHOLDERS, OWNERS, PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, AGENTS, AND LICENSORS ("AFFILIATES") SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OF ANY KIND RELATED TO YOUR USE OF THIS SITE OR OUR MOBILE APPLICATIONS. IN PARTICULAR AND TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, COMPANY AND ITS AFFILIATES MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES ABOUT THE ACCURACY OR COMPLETENESS OF CONTENT AVAILABLE ON OR THROUGH THE SITE, OR THE CONTENT OF THE SITE OR ONLINE SERVICES LINKED TO OR INTEGRATED WITH THE SITE.
- SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO THE ABOVE EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON HOW LONG AN IMPLIED WARRANTY LASTS, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
Limitation on Liability.
- TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL COMPANY, OUR AFFILITES, OR OUR SUPPLIERS BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY LOST PROFITS, LOST DATA, COSTS OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE PRODUCTS, OR ANY INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING FROM OR RELATING TO THESE TERMS OR YOUR USE OF, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE SITE, EVEN IF COMPANY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. ACCESS TO, AND USE OF, THE SITE IS AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK, AND YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR DEVICE OR COMPUTER SYSTEM, OR LOSS OF DATA RESULTING THEREFROM.
- TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, COMPANY, ITS AFFILIATES AND SUPPLIERS WILL HAVE NO LIABILITY FOR ANY: (i) ERRORS, MISTAKES, OR INACCURACIES OF CONTENT; (ii) PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE RESULTING FROM YOUR ACCESS TO OR USE OF THE SITE; (iii) ANY UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR USE OF OUR SERVERS OR OF ANY PERSONAL INFORMATION OR USER DATA; (iv) ANY INTERRUPTION OF TRANSMISSION TO OR FROM THE SITE; (v) ANY BUGS, VIRUSES, TROJAN HORSES, OR THE LIKE WHICH MAY BE TRANSMITTED ON OR THROUGH THE SITE BY ANY THIRD PARTY; OR (vi) ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND INCURRED AS A RESULT OF THE USE OF ANY CONTENT POSTED OR SHARED THROUGH THE SITE
- SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. TO THE EXTENT WE MAY NOT, AS A MATTER OF APPLICABLE LAW, DISCLAIM ANY WARRANTY OR LIMIT OUR LIABILITY, THE SCOPE AND DURATION OF SUCH WARRANTY AND THE EXTENT OF OUR LIABILITY WILL BE THE MINIMUM PERMITTED UNDER SUCH LAW.
- Term and Termination. Your ability to access and use the Site remains in effect until terminated in accordance with these Terms. We may suspend or terminate your rights to use the Site (including your Account) at any time for any reason at Our sole discretion, including for any use of the Site in violation of these Terms. Upon termination of your rights under these Terms, your Account and right to access and use the Site will terminate immediately. Company will not have any liability whatsoever to you for any termination of your rights under these Terms, including for termination of your Account. You agree that any termination of your access to the Site may be effected without prior notice and you acknowledge and agree that We may, at any time, bar any further access to the Site. Further, you agree that We will not be liable to you or any third-party for any termination of access to the Site.
- Changes. These Terms are subject to occasional revision, and if we make any substantial changes, we may notify you by sending you an e-mail to the last e-mail address you provided to us (if any), and/or by prominently posting notice of the changes on our Site. You are responsible for providing us with your most current e-mail address. In the event that the last e-mail address that you have provided us is not valid, or for any reason is not capable of delivering to you the notice described above, our dispatch of the e-mail containing such notice will nonetheless constitute effective notice of the changes described in the notice. Any changes to these Terms will be effective immediately upon Our dispatch of an e-mail notice to you (if applicable) or following Our posting of notice of the changes on the Site. Continued use of the Site following notice of such changes shall indicate your acknowledgement of such changes and agreement to be bound by the Terms, as modified.
Dispute Resolution. Please read this Arbitration Agreement carefully. It is part of your contract with Company and affects your rights. It contains procedures for MANDATORY BINDING ARBITRATION, JURY TRIAL WAIVER, AND A CLASS ACTION WAIVER.
- GOVERNING LAW. You and We agree that any claim between us involves commerce under, and is governed exclusively by, the Federal Arbitration Act ("FAA") and federal law, and not by any state or local laws, or the laws of other countries, concerning or purporting to place limits on the availability or scope of arbitration or in any way imposing requirements beyond or inconsistent with those set forth in the FAA. Where otherwise applicable, the laws of the State of California apply, without regard to its principles of conflicts of law.
- Applicability of Arbitration Agreement. All claims and disputes (excluding claims for injunctive or other equitable relief as set forth below) in connection with the Terms or the use of any product or service provided by the Company that cannot be resolved informally or in small claims court shall be resolved by binding arbitration on an individual basis under the terms of this Arbitration Agreement. Unless otherwise agreed to, all arbitration proceedings shall be held in English. This Arbitration Agreement applies to you and the Company, and to any subsidiaries, affiliates, agents, employees, predecessors in interest, successors, and assigns, as well as all authorized or unauthorized users or beneficiaries of services or goods provided under the Terms.
- Notice Requirement and Informal Dispute Resolution. Before either party may seek arbitration, the party must first send to the other party a written Notice of Dispute (“Notice”) describing the nature and basis of the claim or dispute, and the requested relief. A Notice to the Company should be sent to: 3570 Carmel Mountain Road, Suite 205, San Diego, CA 92130 After the Notice is received, you and the Company may attempt to resolve the claim or dispute informally. If you and the Company do not resolve the claim or dispute within thirty (30) days after the Notice is received, either party may begin an arbitration proceeding. The amount of any settlement offer made by any party may not be disclosed to the arbitrator until after the arbitrator has determined the amount of the award, if any, to which either party is entitled.
- Arbitration Rules. Arbitration shall be initiated through the American Arbitration Association (“AAA”), an established alternative dispute resolution provider (“ADR Provider”) that offers arbitration as set forth in this section. If AAA is not available to arbitrate, the parties shall agree to select an alternative ADR Provider. The rules of the ADR Provider shall govern all aspects of the arbitration, including but not limited to the method of initiating and/or demanding arbitration, except to the extent such rules are in conflict with the Terms. The AAA Consumer Arbitration Rules (“Arbitration Rules”) governing the arbitration are available online at adr.org or by calling the AAA at 1-800-778-7879. The arbitration shall be conducted by a single, neutral arbitrator. Any claims or disputes where the total amount of the award sought is less than Ten Thousand U.S. Dollars (US $10,000.00) may be resolved through binding non-appearance-based arbitration, at the option of the party seeking relief. For claims or disputes where the total amount of the award sought is Ten Thousand U.S. Dollars (US $10,000.00) or more, the right to a hearing will be determined by the Arbitration Rules. Any hearing will be held in a location within 100 miles of your residence, unless you reside outside of the United States, and unless the parties agree otherwise. If you reside outside of the U.S., the arbitrator shall give the parties reasonable notice of the date, time and place of any oral hearings. Any judgment on the award rendered by the arbitrator may be entered in any court of competent jurisdiction. If the arbitrator grants you an award that is greater than the last settlement offer that the Company made to you prior to the initiation of arbitration, the Company will pay you the greater of the award or $2,500.00. Each party shall bear its own costs (including attorney’s fees) and disbursements arising out of the arbitration and shall pay an equal share of the fees and costs of the ADR Provider.
- Additional Rules for Non-Appearance Based Arbitration. If non-appearance based arbitration is elected, the arbitration shall be conducted by telephone, online and/or based solely on written submissions; the specific manner shall be chosen by the party initiating the arbitration. The arbitration shall not involve any personal appearance by the parties or witnesses unless otherwise agreed by the parties.
- Time Limits. If you or the Company pursue arbitration, the arbitration action must be initiated and/or demanded within the statute of limitations (i.e., the legal deadline for filing a claim) and within any deadline imposed under the AAA Rules for the pertinent claim.
- Authority of Arbitrator. If arbitration is initiated, the arbitrator will decide the rights and liabilities, if any, of you and the Company, and the dispute will not be consolidated with any other matters or joined with any other cases or parties. The arbitrator shall have the authority to grant motions dispositive of all or part of any claim. The arbitrator shall have the authority to award monetary damages, and to grant any non-monetary remedy or relief available to an individual under applicable law, the AAA Rules, and the Terms. The arbitrator shall issue a written award and statement of decision describing the essential findings and conclusions on which the award is based, including the calculation of any damages awarded. The arbitrator has the same authority to award relief on an individual basis that a judge in a court of law would have. The award of the arbitrator is final and binding upon you and the Company.
- Waiver of Jury Trial. THE PARTIES HEREBY WAIVE THEIR CONSTITUTIONAL AND STATUTORY RIGHTS TO GO TO COURT AND HAVE A TRIAL IN FRONT OF A JUDGE OR A JURY, instead electing that all claims and disputes shall be resolved by arbitration under this Arbitration Agreement. Arbitration procedures are typically more limited, more efficient and less costly than rules applicable in a court and are subject to very limited review by a court. In the event any litigation should arise between you and the Company in any state or federal court in a suit to vacate or enforce an arbitration award or otherwise, YOU AND THE COMPANY WAIVE ALL RIGHTS TO A JURY TRIAL, instead electing that the dispute be resolved by a judge.
- Waiver of Class or Consolidated Actions. ALL CLAIMS AND DISPUTES WITHIN THE SCOPE OF THIS ARBITRATION AGREEMENT MUST BE ARBITRATED OR LITIGATED ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS AND NOT ON A CLASS BASIS, AND CLAIMS OF MORE THAN ONE CUSTOMER OR USER CANNOT BE ARBITRATED OR LITIGATED JOINTLY OR CONSOLIDATED WITH THOSE OF ANY OTHER CUSTOMER OR USER.
- Confidentiality. All aspects of the arbitration proceeding, including but not limited to the award of the arbitrator and compliance therewith, shall be strictly confidential. The parties agree to maintain confidentiality unless otherwise required by law. This paragraph shall not prevent a party from submitting to a court of law any information necessary to enforce this Agreement, to enforce an arbitration award, or to seek injunctive or equitable relief.
- Severability. If any part or parts of this Arbitration Agreement are found under the law to be invalid or unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction, then such specific part or parts shall be of no force and effect and shall be severed and the remainder of the Agreement shall continue in full force and effect.
- Right to Waive. Any or all of the rights and limitations set forth in this Arbitration Agreement may be waived by the party against whom the claim is asserted. Such waiver shall not waive or affect any other portion of this Arbitration Agreement.
- Survival of Agreement. This Arbitration Agreement will survive the termination of your use of the site, your relationship with Company, or the termination of your Account.
- Small Claims Court. Notwithstanding the foregoing, either you or the Company may bring an individual action in small claims court.
- Emergency Equitable Relief. Notwithstanding the foregoing, either party may seek emergency equitable relief before a state or federal court in order to maintain the status quo pending arbitration without the need to post a bond or prove actual damages. A request for interim measures shall not be deemed a waiver of any other rights or obligations under this Arbitration Agreement.
- Claims Not Subject to Arbitration. Notwithstanding the foregoing, claims of defamation, violation of the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act, and infringement or misappropriation of the other party’s patent, copyright, trademark or trade secrets shall not be subject to this Arbitration Agreement.
- Courts. In any circumstances where the foregoing Arbitration Agreement permits the parties to litigate in court, the parties hereby agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction of the courts of competent jurisdiction located within San Diego County, California, for such purpose
- Export. The Site may be subject to U.S. export control laws and may be subject to export or import regulations in other countries. You agree not to export, reexport, or transfer, directly or indirectly, any U.S. technical data acquired from Company, or any products utilizing such data, in violation of the United States export laws or regulations.
- Disclosures. If you are a California resident, you may report complaints to the Complaint Assistance Unit of the Division of Consumer Product of the California Department of Consumer Affairs by contacting them in writing at 400 R Street, Sacramento, CA 95814, or by telephone at (800) 952-5210.
- Risk of Loss. All items purchased from the Site are made pursuant to a shipment contract. This means that the risk of loss and title for such items pass to you upon our delivery to the carrier.
- Inaccuracy Disclaimer. From time to time there may be information on our Site or in our catalog that contains typographical errors, inaccuracies, or omissions that may relate to product descriptions, pricing, and availability. We endeavor to be as accurate as possible, however mistakes and omissions do happen. We do not warrant that product descriptions or other content on the Site are all accurate, complete, reliable, current, or error-free. We reserve the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions and to change or update information at any time without prior notice (including after you have submitted your order). If you do not wish to continue your purchase after pricing or other information has been corrected, please contact Us right away and We will work with you to cancel or return your order.
- Reliance On Information Posted. The information presented on or through the Site is made available solely for general information purposes. We do not warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of this information. Any reliance you place on such information is strictly at your own risk. We disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by you or any other visitor to the Site, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents. This Site may include content provided by third parties, including materials provided by other users, third-party licensors, syndicators, aggregators and/or reporting services. All statements and/or opinions expressed in these materials, and all articles and responses to questions and other content, other than the content provided by Us, are solely the opinions and the responsibility of the person or entity providing those materials. These materials do not necessarily reflect Our opinion. We are not responsible, or liable to you or any third party, for the content or accuracy of any materials provided by any third parties.
- Electronic Communications. The communications between you and Company use electronic means, whether you use the Site or send us emails, or whether Company posts notices on the Site or communicates with you via email. For contractual purposes, you (a) consent to receive communications from Company in an electronic form; and (b) agree that all terms and conditions, agreements, notices, disclosures, and other communications that Company provides to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications would satisfy if it were be in a hardcopy writing. The foregoing does not affect your non-waivable rights.
- Entire Agreement & Miscellaneous Terms. These Terms constitute the entire agreement between you and Us regarding the use of the Site. Our failure to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these Terms shall not operate as a waiver of such right or provision. The section titles in these Terms are for convenience only and have no legal or contractual effect. The word “including” means “including without limitation”. If any provision of these Terms is, for any reason, held to be invalid or unenforceable, the other provisions of these Terms will be unimpaired and the invalid or unenforceable provision will be deemed modified so that it is valid and enforceable to the maximum extent permitted by law. Your relationship to Company is that of an independent contractor, and neither party is an agent or partner of the other. You warrant and represent to Us that you have all necessary rights, power, and authority to agree to these Terms and perform your obligations hereunder, and nothing contained in the Terms or in the performance of such obligations will place you in breach of any other contract or obligation. These Terms, and your rights and obligations herein, may not be assigned, subcontracted, delegated, or otherwise transferred by you without Company’s prior written consent, and any attempted assignment, subcontract, delegation, or transfer in violation of the foregoing will be null and void. Company may freely assign these Terms. The terms and conditions set forth in these Terms shall be binding upon assignees.
- Copyright/Trademark Information. Copyright © 2019 Puppy Dogs & Ice Cream Publishing All rights reserved. All trademarks, logos and service marks (“Marks”) displayed on the Site are Our property or the property of other third parties. You are not permitted to use these Marks without Our prior written consent or the consent of such third party which may own the Marks.
Puppy Dogs & Ice Cream
3570 Carmel Mountain Road, Suite 205,
San Diego, CA 92130