effective July 28, 2021
- COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH OTHER ENTITIES
- PROTECTING CHILDREN’S PRIVACY ONLINE
- CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
- OUR OTHER PRIVACY POLICIES OR NOTICES
- CONTACT US
- INTERNATIONAL USERS
- EUROPEAN ECONONOMIC AREA (“EEA”) USERS
When you visit the Website, we collect certain personal information about you. As used in this policy, “personal information” means information that identifies, relates to, describes, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, to you or your household.
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
The categories below describe the personal information we have collected in the past twelve months or may collect about you and the sources from which we collect those categories of personal information.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may use your information for the following purposes:
- Sending you communications and administrative emails;
- Personalizing and tailoring the features, performance and support of the Website;
- Identifying you as a user on the Website;
- For the performance of a contract between you and us;
- Fulfilling orders you may place on the Website;
- Sending you promotional/marketing information, advertising, newsletters, offers or other information from us;
- Sending your promotional/marketing information, advertising, offers or other information from us related to our affiliate partners;
- Providing support related to your account or orders you may place on the Website;
- Providing you with opportunities and functionality that we think would be of particular interest;
- Analyzing, benchmarking and conducting research on user data and interactions with the Website;
- Processing services, maintaining user accounts, resolving disputes, preventing fraud and verifying your identity;
- Monitoring, maintaining, administering and improving Website performance;
- Aggregating the information collected via cookies and similar technologies to use in statistical analysis to help us track trends and analyze patterns;
- Responding to your inquiries related to employment opportunities or other requests;
- Contacting you by email or telephone, from time to time, as part of a secondary fraud protection or to solicit your feedback; and
- For any other purposes that we may specifically disclose at the time you provide or we collect your information.
We may also use data that we collect on an aggregate or anonymous basis (such that it does not identify any individual users) for various business purposes, where permissible under applicable laws and regulations.
We may share personal information about you with other entities, including entities that provide services to us. We do not disclose your personal information collected through the Website to other entities, except as described in this policy.
Applicable law requires that we identify the categories of personal information we share for business purposes. We disclose the following categories of personal information for business purposes: personal identifiers, device and online identifiers, information about your internet, browser, and network activity, protected classifications, biometric information, commercial information, professional or employment information, education information, inferences drawn from other personal information, payment data, and location data.
We may share your personal information with the following types of entities or in the following situations:
Service providers: We engage service providers to facilitate our operation of the Website and provide the Services. These service providers analyze information about the Website and your use of the Website. Information disclosed for these purposes may include device and online identifiers, ISP information, session ID and /or session log data, information about your internet, browser, and network activity, and location data.
Logistics/fulfillment providers: We engage service providers to provide logistical support and order fulfillment for orders you may place on the Website and with whom We may disclose personal information related to your purchase or account information.
Legal authorities, emergency responders and other legal requirements: We may disclose personal information to third parties as permitted by, or to comply with, applicable laws, regulations, or legal obligations, including but not limited to responding to a subpoena or similar legal process, protecting against fraud, cooperating with law enforcement or regulatory authorities, protecting and defending the rights or property of PDIC, preventing or investigating possible wrongdoing in connection with the Website/Services, protecting the personal safety of users of the service or the public, and protecting against legal liability. Information disclosed for these purposes may include device and online identifiers, information about your internet, browser, and network activity, and location data.
For Business transfers: We may share or transfer your personal information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of our assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
With Business partners: We may share your personal information with third party companies that are our business partners to offer you certain products, services or promotions.
With other users: when you share personal information or otherwise interact in the public areas of the Website with other users, such information may be viewed by all users and may be publicly distributed outside. If you interact with other users or register through, a third party social media service such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, or Google (“Third-Party Social Media Service”), your contacts on the Third-Party Social Media Service may see your name, profile, pictures and description of your activity. Similarly, other users will be able to view descriptions of your activity, communicate with you and view your profile.
User Testimonials and Feedback. We often receive testimonials and comments from users who have had positive experiences with our products and Services. We occasionally publish such content. When we publish this content, we may identify the user who submitted the content by their first and last name and may also indicate their home city. We obtain the user’s consent prior to posting their last name along with the testimonial. We may post feedback submitted to us on the Website from time to time. If you make any comments on a blog or forum associated with the Website, you should be aware that any personal information you submit there can be read, collected, or used by other users of these forums, and could be used to send you unsolicited messages. We are not responsible for the personally identifiable information you choose to submit in these blogs and forums.
Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
Cookies are small pieces of data sent from a website and stored on a device. Cookies may enable us to capture and compile statistical information about how you use our online services, including information relating to your device’s IP address, the frequency of your visits, readership data (such as the average length of visits, which pages are viewed or shared during a visit or other interactions with our content, such as time spent viewing videos, PDFs read and links clicked), authentication information, acceptance or rejection of website terms, and periods of inactivity. To learn more about cookies, including information on what cookies have been set on your device and how cookies can be managed and deleted, visit https://www.allaboutcookies.org/
Our online services also use web beacons. Web beacons are invisible tags and may be placed on a webpage, in advertisements, or in an email or other message. They usually work in conjunction with cookies, registering when a particular device visits a particular page. For example, web beacons may count the number of individuals who visit our Website from a particular advertisement or who enroll in a service after viewing a particular advertisement.
“Clickstream” data (e.g., information regarding which of our Website pages you access, the frequency of such access, and your product and service preferences) may be collected by PDIC itself, or by our service providers, using cookies, web beacons, page tags, or similar tools that are set when you visit the Website or when you view an advertisement we may have placed on another website. Clickstream data and similar information may be shared internally within PDIC and used for administrative purposes to assess the usage, value and performance of our online products and services; to improve your experience with the Website; and as otherwise permitted by applicable law or regulation. This information may be processed by us for the purposes described above, or on our behalf by other entities, solely in accordance with our instructions.
How We Use These Technologies
We, our services providers, and third party business partners may use information collected from cookies, web beacons, and similar technologies for the following purposes:
- to allow our online services to operate as you have requested;
- to understand how our online services are accessed and used;
- to recognize you when you return to our Website;
- to assess the effectiveness of advertising and readership content;
- to deliver marketing communications that may be of interest to you, including ads or offers tailored to you; and
- for other purposes described above under “USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION.”
We may work with service providers to promote our products and services both on the Website and other websites. For example, if you visit a page on the Website or third-party websites that provides information about one of our products or services, a cookie may be placed on your browser or device that identifies the product or service you viewed. This information allows us, our service providers, and our third-party business partners to deliver more relevant and tailored content, such as ads for that particular product or service.
Other than service providers, we do not allow unaffiliated third parties to collect personal information about your activities on the Website.
Managing Your Preferences
You can also opt out of online targeted advertising by companies https://www.allaboutcookies.org/ participating in the Digital Advertising Alliance by visiting https://www.aboutads.info/choices.
Do Not Track Policy
Most browsers can be set to send signals to third party websites requesting them not to track the user’s activities. At this time, we do not respond to “do not track” signals. Consequently, our third party service providers may indeed track and collect information about your online activities over time while navigating to, from and on our online services, notwithstanding any “do not track” signals we may receive.
Our Security Procedures
Our goal is to protect your personal information submitted to us through our online services. We maintain reasonable physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with applicable law to guard nonpublic personal information about you against loss, misuse or unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction of the information you have provided to us through our online services. We have internal policies governing the proper handling of consumer information by personnel and requiring third parties that provide support or marketing services on our behalf to adhere to appropriate security standards with respect to such information. The security of your personal information is important to us, but please note that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is perfectly secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Links to Other Websites
Information Collected from Third Party Companies
We may receive personal information and/or anonymous data about you from companies that provide our Services or products by way of a co-branded or private-labeled website or companies that offer their products and/or services on the Website. We may add this information to the personal information we have already collected from you via the Website or Services in order to improve the Services we provide, the features we offer you, or the functionality of the Website.
With your permission, we may send text messages about our store, new products, and other updates. Updates include Checkout Reminders. Webhooks will be used to trigger the Checkout Reminders messaging system.
Detailed Information on the Processing of Your Personal Information
Our third-party service providers have access to your personal information only to perform their tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
We use Shopify to power our Website, you can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy.
We use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use our Website -- you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Social login is a form of single sign-on that allows you to create a new account or sign into your account on our Website using your existing login information from a social-networking service such as Facebook or Google or Twitter instead of creating a new login account specifically for our Website. It is designed to simplify logins.
You don’t have to use a social login. We offer registration that uses your email address instead and is not linked with an existing social-networking account.
If you register or access your account on our Website with a social networking service (or later link your account to one), we will collect certain information about you from that social networking service, and what we collect depends on your privacy settings with that social networking service.
For more information about these services and their privacy policies, please visit their websites here:
We may use third party email marketing service providers to manage and send emails to you. We may use your personal information to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. You may opt-out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by following the unsubscribe link or instructions provided in any email we send or by contacting us. Third party services that we used or may use in the future include Klaviyo Inc. For more information about these services and their privacy policies, please visit their websites. (https://www.klaviyo.com/legal)
Apple Pay (https://www.apple.com/privacy/)
Braintree Payments (https://www.braintreepayments.com/legal/braintree-privacy-policy)
Google Payments (https://payments.google.com/payments/apis-secure/get_legal_document?ldo=0&ldt=privacynotice&ldl=en-US)
Shop Pay (https://shop.app/privacy)
As described above, we use your personal information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/ understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
We may use the following providers for such advertising and you can opt out of targeted advertising by using the links below:
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
Please note that any opt out is specific to the browser you use. You may need to opt out on every browser on every device that you use.
PROTECTING CHILDREN’S PRIVACY ONLINE
Our online services are not directed to or intended for individuals under 13 years of age. Although the Website is a general audience website that is not specifically designed for or targeted at children, the protection and safety of children is very important to us and we therefore encourage parents and guardians to participate in and supervise the online activities of their children. We do not knowingly collect, use or disseminate any personal information from children under the age of 13. If, however, We become aware that personal information regarding a child under the age of 13 has been collected at our Website, We will use such information for the sole purpose of contacting a parent or guardian of the child to obtain verifiable parental consent. If We cannot obtain consent after a reasonable period of time, or if when contacted, a parent or guardian requests that we do not use or maintain such information, we will delete it from our records.
CALIFORNIA RESIDENTSCalifornia residents should be aware that this section does not apply to: personal information covered by certain sector-specific privacy laws, including the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA) and its implementing regulations, the California Financial Information Privacy Act (FIPA), and the Driver’s Privacy Protection Act of 1994; or other information subject to a California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) exception.
Your Rights under the CCPA
The right to notice. You must be properly notified which categories of personal information are being collected and the purposes for which the personal information is being used.
The right to access / the right to request. The CCPA permits you to request and obtain from us information regarding the disclosure of your personal information that has been collected in the past 12 months by us or its subsidiaries to a third-party for the third party's direct marketing purposes.
The right to say no to the sale of personal information. You also have the right to ask us not to sell your personal information to third parties.
The right to know about your personal information. You have the right to request and obtain from the Company information regarding the disclosure of the following:
- The categories of personal information collected
- The sources from which the personal information was collected
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling the personal information
- Categories of third parties with whom we share personal information
- The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you
The right not to be discriminated against. You have the right not to be discriminated against for exercising any of your consumer rights, including by:
- Denying goods or services to you
- Charging different prices or rates for goods or services, including the use of discounts or other benefits or imposing penalties
- Providing a different level or quality of goods or services to you
- Suggesting that you will receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
Exercising Your CCPA Data Protection Rights
In order to exercise any of your rights under the CCPA, and if you are a California resident, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
California law requires us to verify the requests we receive from you when you exercise certain of the rights listed above. To verify your request, we will check the information you provide us in your request against third party identity verification tools. As part of this process, we may call you after you submit your request to verify information. You may also designate an authorized agent to exercise certain of the rights listed above on your behalf by providing the authorized agent with power of attorney pursuant to the California Probate Code. If an authorized agent submits a request on your behalf, we will contact you to verify that they represent you.
PDIC will disclose and deliver the required information free of charge within 45 days of receiving your verifiable request. The time period to provide the required information may be extended once by an additional 45 days when reasonably necessary and with prior notice.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information
We do not sell your personal information. However, the third party service providers we partner with (for example, our advertising partners) may use technology on the Website that may be considered or constitute a "sale" of personal information as defined by the CCPA law. If you are a California resident and wish to opt out of the sale of your personal information as defined under CCPA law, you may do so by emailing us at email@example.com.
You can opt out of receiving ads that are personalized as served by our service providers by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your mobile device may give you the ability to opt out of the use of information about the apps you use in order to serve you ads that are targeted to your interests:
- "Opt out of Interest-Based Ads" or "Opt out of Ads Personalization" on Android devices
- "Limit Ad Tracking" on iOS devices
"Do Not Track" Policy as Required by California Online Privacy Protection Act (CalOPPA)
Our Website does not respond to Do Not Track signals. However, some third-party websites do keep track of your browsing activities. If you are visiting such websites, you can set your preferences in your web browser to inform websites that you do not want to be tracked. You can enable or disable Do Not Track signals by visiting the preferences or settings page of Your web browser.
Your California Privacy Rights (California's Shine the Light law)
Under California Civil Code Section 1798 (California's Shine the Light law), California residents with an established business relationship with us can request information once a year about sharing their personal information with third parties for the third parties' direct marketing purposes. If you'd like to request more information under the California Shine the Light law, and if you are a California resident, you can contact us by email at email@example.com.
OUR OTHER PRIVACY POLICIES OR NOTICES
This policy provides a general statement of the ways in which PDIC protects your personal information when you access and use this Website. You may, however, in connection with specific products or services offered by PDIC, be provided with separate privacy policies or notices that describe the privacy practices associated with your use of those products or services.
Puppy Dogs & Ice Cream, Inc.
ATTN: Privacy Compliance Officer
12555 High Bluff Dr., STE 250,
San Diego, CA 92130
EUROPEAN ECONONOMIC AREA (“EEA”) USERSGDPR Privacy Notice: This notice is for people who are located in the European Economic Area (“EEA”). Our processing of personal data of people who are in the EEA is governed by the General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”). The GDPR requires us to provide certain information to you about your personal data, which we refer to in this notice as your personal information.
Legal Basis for Processing Personal Information under GDPR
We may process personal information under the following conditions:
- Consent - you have given your consent for processing personal information for one or more specific purposes.
- Performance of a contract - provision of personal information is necessary for the performance of an agreement with you and/or for any pre-contractual obligations thereof.
- Legal obligations - processing personal information is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject.
- Vital interests - processing personal information is necessary in order to protect your vital interests or of another natural person.
- Public interests - processing personal information is related to a task that is carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in PDIC
- Legitimate interests: processing personal information is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the PDIC
Your Rights under the GDPR
The Company undertakes to respect the confidentiality of your personal information and to enable you to exercise your rights under the GDPR.
- Request access to your personal information. The right to access, update or delete the information we have on you. Whenever made possible, you can access, update or request deletion of your personal information directly within your account settings section. If you are unable to perform these actions yourself, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org to assist you. This also enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you.
- Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you. You have the right to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- Object to processing of your personal information. This right exists where we are relying on a legitimate interest as the legal basis for our processing and there is something about your particular situation, which makes you want to object to our processing of your personal information on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
- Request erasure of Your personal information. You have the right to ask us to delete or remove personal information when there is no good reason for us to continue processing it.
- Request the transfer of Your personal information. We will provide to you, or to a third-party you have chosen, your personal information in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Please not that this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the information to perform a contract with you.
- Withdraw Your consent. You have the right to withdraw your consent on using your personal information. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide you with access to certain specific functionalities of the Website.
Modifying your cookie consent
You may change your cookie preferences at any time by using our cookie options panel. Click on the cookie icon in the bottom left hand side of the website to access it, or click here.
Exercising of Your GDPR Data Protection Rights
You may exercise your rights of access, rectification, cancellation and opposition by contacting us by filling out a Data Subject Action Request or by email at email@example.com. Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests. If you make a request, we will try our best to respond to you as soon as possible.
You have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, if you are in the EEA, please contact your local data protection authority in the EEA.
Contacting Our GDPR Data Protection Officer
We have designated a Data Protection Officer whom you have the right to contact with regard to all issues related to processing of your personal information and to the exercise of your rights under the GDPR. You may contact our Data Protection Officer by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
EEA data subjects may contact the data protection officer with regard to all issues related to processing of their personal data and to the exercise of their rights under the GDPR.